The sales growth of flat panel TVs has spawned the development of sound bars, one-piece speaker systems that make a great cosmetic match for a flat panel TV and serve the same purpose as the left, center and right channel front speakers in a home theater system. One of the newest sound bars is the Phase Tech Teatro V3.0 Sound Bar.
Teatro V3.0 Sound Bar Features:
The Teatro V3.0 Sound Bar is a two-way speaker with three 5.25"woofers and three 1" soft dome tweeters in a single enclosure. You might say it's a three-way speaker because each side of the sound bar has a midrange driver facing outward and angled slightly backwards towards the wall to produce a wider soundstage and increase channel separation. Phase Technology calls it SFE (Spatial Field Expander). The Teatro V3.0 also incorporates Enhanced Voice Technology (EVT), an equalization circuit that boosts appropriate midrange frequencies to improve movie dialog.
Teatro II Surround Speakers and FL-10 Subwoofer:
The Teatro Surround II surrounds are bipolar speakers with one 5.25" polypropylene woofer and two 1" soft dome tweeters facing outward. They are designed to be placed on the side or rear wall in a home theater system. The FL-10 subwoofer combines a 10" front-firing long-throw woofer with a down-firing 10" passive radiator. A 250-watt servo-controlled amplifier powers the sub. The Phase Technology Teatro V3.0 system including the sound bar, surround speakers and subwoofer has a suggested retail price of $1,800. Read my full review of the Phase Technology Sound Bar, surround speakers and FL-10 subwoofer.
Teatro V3.0 Sound Bar
- Woofers: Three 5.25" drivers
- Tweeters: Three 1" soft dome
- Frequency response: 55Hz - 22 kHz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 40" x 7" x 4.5"
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Finish: Satin Black
Teatro II Surround Speakers
- Woofer: One 5.25" Poly driver with Butyl surround
- Tweeters: Two 1" soft domes
- Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11" x 9.25" x 5"
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- FL-10 Powered Sub
- Amplifier: 250-watt servo amp
- Woofer: 10" Polypropylene
- Frequency response: 26 Hz - 150 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12.5" x 16 3/8" x 18"
- Black Rosewood